Ureka Global Ltd
(formerly Alansons Industries Ltd)
7 Flowers Hill
+44 (0)117 971 1364
LOCTITE 401 is a general purpose, fast curing, instant adhesive that is ideal for use on porous substrates.
LOCTITE 401 is a fast curing instant adhesive designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials requiring uniform stress distribution and high tensile and/or shear strength. The product provides for the rapid bonding of a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics and elastomers. LOCTITE 401 is also suited to bonding porous materials such as wood, paper, leather and fabric. Perfect for all quick repairs and all types of small emergency repairs.
1. Bond areas should be clean and free from grease. Clean all surfaces with a Loctite cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
2. To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, Loctite Primer may be applied to the bond area. Avoid applying excess Primer. Allow the Primer to dry.
3. LOCTITE Activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface (do not apply activator to the primed surface where Primer is also used). Allow the Activator to dry.
4. Apply adhesive to one of the bond surfaces (do not apply the adhesive to the activated surface). Do not use items like tissue or a brush to spread the adhesive. Assemble the parts within a few seconds. The parts should be accurately located, as the short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
5. LOCTITE Activator can be used to cure fillets of product outside the bond area. Spray or drop the activator on the
6. Bonds should be held fixed or clamped until adhesive has fixtured.
7. Product should be allowed to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads (typically 24 to 72 hours after assembly, depending on bond gap, materials and ambient conditions).
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling.
Optimal Storage: 2 °C to 8 °C. Storage below 2 °C or greater than 8 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use.
Click the button above to ask a question.
Loctite 401 Instant Adhesive technical data sheet
Loctite 401 Instant Adhesive safety data sheet
Adtech® 4010 is a medium viscosity superfast cyanoacrylate adhesive.
Adtech® 1001 is a solvent-based activator formulated to increase the cure speed of Adtech® cyanoacrylate adhesives.
LOCTITE 406 is a low viscosity, fast curing instant adhesive that is ideal for bonding plastics and elastomeric materials where very fast fixturing is required.