LOCTITE 55 is designed for sealing of metal and plastic pipes and fittings. It needs no cure time and results in an immediate, full pressure seal. The product has approval for gas and potable water and is certified to NSF/ANSI, Standard 61.
Loctite 55 thread has been developed to replace the pastes, hemps and tapes normally used. It instantly seals (irrespective of temperature) domestic and industrial pipe systems during assembly. Can be safely and confidently used with drinking or waste water (hot or cold), gas, or compressed air.
It needs no cure time and results in an immediate, full pressure seal. The product has approval for gas and potable water and is certified to NSF/ANSI, Standard 61.
Sealings can be safely Made on brass, copper, stainless steel, cast iron, galvanised, chromed and nickel plated parts. Supplied in a handy, pocket sized, protective container complete with built-in cutter.
1. Clean parts with a wire brush prior to application of product.
2. Hold the end of the Pipe Sealing Cord against the male nipple with one finger approximately two threads away from the end.
3. Wind the fiber onto the pipe threads in the same direction of the thread helix starting from the end of the pipe. For optimum performance, the grooves of the threads should be filled without completely masking the pitches of the thread.
NOTE: It is not necessary to follow the valley of the thread.
4. CAUTION: Do not over-apply the Pipe Sealing Cord. Excessive material tends to be pushed off as fittings are assembled, and it also becomes mechanically more difficult to complete the engagement.
5. Cut the required length off with the integrated cutting tool and smooth the loose end onto the pitches of the pipe thread.
6. LOCTITE 55 Pipe Cord™ can be adjusted up to 45° after tightening.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling.
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use.
Click the button above to ask a question.
Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Cord technical data sheet
Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Cord safety data sheet
Adtech® 6505 is an anaerobic pipe sealant adhesive designed for the sealing and locking of metal fittings and pipes.
Adtech 6508 is designed for the sealing and locking of metal fittings and pipes. Adtech 6508 is a single component anerobic, medium strength thixotropic, acrylic based product.
LOCTITE SF 7063 is a general-purpose product for cleaning and degreasing any kind of surface or machinery component before proceeding with a repair or assembly job. It is a solvent-based cleaner and the product leaves no residue.